Calendar of Events
FAST @ C.A.S.H. – Do-It-Yourself with help from C.A.S.H.
You may be able to save time at C.A.S.H. by preparing your own tax return using free on-line software. If you are comfortable preparing your own return online visit:www.myfreetaxes.com.
If you would like to prepare your own return online and would like some in-person assistance, you use FAST @ C.A.S.H. at a participating C.A.S.H. site. A trained C.A.S.H. Volunteer will be available to help if you have questions.
Who can use FAST @ C.A.S.H.:
- Do you have a personal email account that you use on a regular basis?
- Are you good at using a computer?
- Is all of your work income reported on W‐2s?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, you may be eligible for FAST @ C.A.S.H.
C.A.S.H. volunteers will help you with any questions you have while you do‑it‑yourself at one of our FAST @ C.A.S.H. kiosks in our Super Site locations. When you get to C.A.S.H., tell the volunteer at the front desk that you want to use FAST @ C.A.S.H. A volunteer will check your eligibility and explain how it works.
Things you need to know if you use FAST @ C.A.S.H.:
- If you want help, C.A.S.H. volunteers will be available to answer questions and review your return before you file it.
- You are personally responsible for preparing your tax return. C.A.S.H. will NOT file your return.
- You will e-mail your return while you are at C.A.S.H., but you must check your personal e-mail to make sure that the IRS and NY State received and accepted your return. The IRS and NY State will notify you directly via email to tell you if they accepted your return. If your return was rejected, they will send you instructions on how to fix it. If you want help from C.A.S.H., you will have to return to the same C.A.S.H. site with all of your information.
- C.A.S.H. will NOT have any access to your tax return. Only you will be able to access and print your return from the online site you used to prepare and file your return.