Calendar of Events
Free Tax Prep Program
Free Income Tax Return Preparation (VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
C.A.S.H. operates free, high quality tax preparation sites throughout Monroe County. IRS Certified Volunteers prepare and electronically file federal and NYS tax returns for free for income eligible persons. We also provide our clients with great information about home buying programs, debt management, credit reports, savings programs, affordable health care and health insurance, money management, job training, and more!
- Eligibility- To see if you if you qualify for free tax preparation services at C.A.S.H., click here.
- Documentation needed to prepare your tax return - This paper work is required for the whole family. To find out what to bring with you, click here.
- Save Time – Click here to fill out the paperwork before you go to C.A.S.H. Print the completed forms and take them with you!
Self Prep Service - Do-It-Yourself with some help from C.A.S.H.
For people who would like to prepare their own return, but want some help with tax questions, we offer Self Prep Service. Clients who have a personal e-mail address, and good computer skills, can prepare their own tax return with help from a C.A.S.H. volunteer. Find out more by clicking here.
Effective 10/1/2016, CASH will be unable to prepare or amend tax returns until our sites open in 2017. The IRS is providing new tax software and it's not available for use until 2017. Also, effective 10/31/2016, CASH will no longer be able to print any tax returns that were prepared at our sites.
To be added to our mailing list for notification of tax site locations and hours, call (585) 295-5805.
If you need a return prepared before our tax sites open:
- Self-Prep: Prepare your own 2015 tax return on line at www.myfreetaxes.com
- Paid Preparer Service: Contact preparers such as H&R Block, Liberty Tax or Jackson Hewitt for assistance. For tips on hiring a tax preparer, visit: www.tax.ny.gov/pit/tips-hiring-a-preparer.htm
If you need a copy of your tax return:
- Federal Returns: Available online or via mail - www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- State Returns: Available online or via mail - www.tax.ny.gov/help/contact/get-copy-of-return.htm