DRIVEN INTO POVERTY
"Driven into Poverty: How New York's Asset Tests Keep People Poor" - a new report from Empire Justice. When people have been able to squirrel away these types of savings – and then fall below the poverty line and apply for public assistance, they are forced to empty their accounts before they apply. Read More.
JOIN US FOR A CELEBRATION OF LEADERSHIP
Join us for a Celebration of Leadership, an evening honoring the contributions of Joe Casion and Mary C. Loewenguth. Learn More.
BANK OF AMERICA TO FUND $8.1M TO HUD-APPROVED HOUSING COUNSELING AGENCIES IN NYS
Bank of America is proud to partner with the Center for NYC Neighborhoods and the Empire Justice Center to announce Requests for Applications (RFA) to HUD-approved housing counseling agencies in New York State. Read More.
NOW HIRING: LGBT RIGHTS ATTORNEY AND PROJECT LEADER!
Do you have the right stuff? We're searching for a LGBT Rights Attorney in Rochester and a Project Leader for the Crime Victims’ Legal Network Project in either our Albany or Rochester office! Read More.
Calendar of Events
Empire Justice in Action
- Empire Justice Memo of Support: Protect New Yorkers from Discrimination and Hate Crimes Based on Gender Identity or Expression
- Empire Justice Comments on Immediate Needs for Personal Care Services Proposed Regulations
- Empire Justice Memo of Support: Provide Critical Privacy Protections to Vulnerable Individuals Who Change Their Names
Just Thoughts Blog
In the News
- Empire Justice Press Release: New Yorkers Driven into Poverty by Shortsighted Policy
- MAJORITY LEADER JOSEPH D. MORELLE LAUDS DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT FINDINGS IN DEVYN PEREIRA CASE
- Press Release: Empire Justice Center Applauds Positive Department of Justice Determination in Service Dog Complaint for Rochester Area Child