LGBT EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS POLICY UPDATE
Empire Justice Center joins several major LGBT rights groups in withdrawing support for the federal Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) because the bill’s overly broad religious exemption is discriminatory. Read More.
FAIR HEARING OF THE MONTH: JULY 2014
Temporary housing assistance is restored where agency failed to present copies of lists of affordable housing allegedly provided to appellant that she allegedly failed to consider, and where agency failed to specifically advise appellant what she needed to do to have her housing sanction lifted. Read More.
We are hiring a full time Workers' Rights Attorney in our Rochester Office! Read More.
POLICY MATTERS JULY 2014
Check out the latest version of Policy Matters- everything you need to know about policy work here at Empire Justice Center! Read More.
Calendar of Events
Empire Justice in Action
- Empire Justice Comments on the Request for Information on SNAP High Performance Bonuses
- Empire Justice Memo of Support: Provide an “Escape Clause” for Victims of Domestic Violence when they Share a Bundled or Long Term Phone Service with Abuser
- Empire Justice Memo of Support: Provide Consistency and Efficiency in Determining Spousal Maintenance in Divorce
Just Thoughts Blog
- Still Mending the Patchwork: A Report Examining County-by-County Inequities in Child Care Subsidy Administration in New York State
- Don’t Lien on Me: How New York’s Public Assistance Mortgages Undermine Homeownership and Financial Stability
- Seeking Protection from Domestic Violence in New York's Family Court
In the News
- Press Release: Empire Justice Center and Batavia City School District Reach Agreement on Class Action Title IX Case
- Empire Justice Press Release: New Report Shows Dramatic Disparities Still Exist in Access to Child Care
- Media Advisory: New Report Shows Disparities Still Exist in Access to Child Care