VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE C.A.S.H. PROGRAM!
We are in need of volunteers for the C.A.S.H. Coach Program and for the free tax prep program! Read More.
FAIR HEARING OF THE MONTH: AUGUST 2014
Temporary housing assistance is restored where agency failed to present copies of lists of affordable housing allegedly provided to appellant that she allegedly failed to consider, and where agency failed to specifically advise appellant what she needed to do to have her housing sanction lifted. Read More.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: WORKERS' RIGHTS ATTORNEY
DEADLINE EXTENDED! There's still time to apply for the full time Workers' Rights Attorney position in our Rochester Office! Read More.
HANNA S. COHN EQUAL JUSTICE FELLOWSHIP
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015-17 Hanna S. Cohn Equal Justice Fellowship! Read More.
Calendar of Events
Empire Justice in Action
- Empire Justice Comments to OTDA on the 2014 -15 HEAP State Plan
- Empire Justice Comments on the Request for Information on SNAP High Performance Bonuses
- Empire Justice Memo of Support: Provide an “Escape Clause” for Victims of Domestic Violence when they Share a Bundled or Long Term Phone Service with Abuser
Just Thoughts Blog
- Still Mending the Patchwork: A Report Examining County-by-County Inequities in Child Care Subsidy Administration in New York State
- Don’t Lien on Me: How New York’s Public Assistance Mortgages Undermine Homeownership and Financial Stability
- Seeking Protection from Domestic Violence in New York's Family Court
In the News
- Empire Justice Press Release: New Report Shows Dramatic Disparities Still Exist in Access to Child Care
- Press Release: Empire Justice Center and Batavia City School District Reach Agreement on Class Action Title IX Case
- Media Advisory: New Report Shows Disparities Still Exist in Access to Child Care