POLICY MATTERS OCTOBER 2014
The latest edition of Policy Matters, keeping you up to date on our policy work. Read More.
NEW WEB-BASED PROGRAM OFFERS CRITICAL, FREE INFORMATION FOR HOMEOWNERS
Learn more! Read More.
NOW HIRING: CFO NEEDED IN OUR ROCHESTER OFFICE
The CFO is a critical member of the Leadership Team of this highly respected, incredibly effective, statewide organization focused on improving and enforcing the law to reduce poverty and increase social justice. Read More.
COMMENTS ON SNAP REGULATIONS
Comments endorsed by organizations around New York on proposed regulation amendments for non-compliance with SNAP work requirements. Read More.
Calendar of Events
Empire Justice in Action
- Comments on Proposed Regulation Amendments for Non-compliance with SNAP Work Requirements and Conciliation Processes
- Empire Justice Testimony on New York’s Role in Addressing the Influx of Migrant Youth from Central American Countries
- Empire Justice Comments on Proposed Rules for Immediate Needs for Personal Care Services
Just Thoughts Blog
- Still Mending the Patchwork: A Report Examining County-by-County Inequities in Child Care Subsidy Administration in New York State
- Don’t Lien on Me: How New York’s Public Assistance Mortgages Undermine Homeownership and Financial Stability
- Seeking Protection from Domestic Violence in New York's Family Court
In the News
- NY'ers testify about the need for legal aid servcies
- CFPB Takes Action Against M&T Bank for Deceptively Advertising Free Checking
- A.G. Schneiderman Issues Report Highlighting Office's Health Care Helpline That Has Assisted 20,000 Consumers And Saved $12.5 Million For New Yorkers In Less Than Three Years
- New Web-Based Program Offers Homeowners Facing Foreclosure Critical Legal Information For Free
- Press Release: Empire Justice Center and Batavia City School District Reach Agreement on Class Action Title IX Case
- Empire Justice Press Release: New Report Shows Dramatic Disparities Still Exist in Access to Child Care